Newman Insurance Ontario Home Auto Commercial Farm

Recreational Trailer Insurance

Recreational vehicles or RV’s, as they are often referred to, are vehicles designed to provide temporary accommodations for travel, vacation or recreational purposes. RV’s are either a motorhome or a trailer. Categories of trailers include travel, fifth wheel, camping (folding) and toy hauler trailers.

Since motorhomes are motorized, they’re insured on an automobile policy along with your car or pickup truck; while trailers, which are hitched and towed behind a vehicle, are typically insured on a property policy along with your house, provided they are not rented out or used for business.

Although a motorhome can be added to an automobile policy and a trailer to a property policy, in order to get the best coverage and price, we recommend a specialized RV insurance policy, as they offer so much more.

  • At no additional cost, they include coverage for contents and emergency vacation expenses.
  • They include replacement coverage for up to 10 years, if an RV is less than five years old. This is a valuable option if an RV is written off in a claim as there’s no reduction for depreciation in the settlement.
  • For trailers parked in a campground all season, coverage is available for sheds, garages and decks that have been built on the lot.
  • By insuring an RV separately, any claims that occur on the RV policy while the unit is stationary, will not affect a regular automobile or property policy, including any claims free discounts.

Contact us today to find out more about insurance for recreational vehicles or if you’d like a free, no-obligation quote.

If your claim is not of an urgent nature, we recommend that you speak with your Account Manager during regular office hours.

Claims emergency? click here

For non-urgent claims, we recommend speaking with your Account Manager during office hours.

Claims emergency? click here