For many, farming is a way of life - tending fields, raising livestock and selling product for profit. For others, farming is an enjoyable hobby that allows the opportunity to grow some food for the table, maintain some livestock and even generate some additional income.
It’s important to know that if you own a hobby farm, a Homeowners Policy won’t offer the protection you need. In fact, a Homeowners Policy will not cover any liability claims associated with your hobby farm operation. For example, an animal gets loose from your property and causes an accident on the road or someone falls and is hurt while purchasing some vegetables. How would you cover the costs to defend yourself if you were sued?
In addition to liability coverage, our Hobby Farm Package includes protection for your home, property, buildings, machinery and livestock. And you have the option to choose only the coverage you need, so you won’t be breaking the bank.
To qualify for a Hobby Farm Package, the following is considered:
- Income – your gross annual receipts from your Hobby Farm are less than $10,000
- Livestock – you own no more than 10 farm animals in total
- Outbuildings/Barns – they must be used by you, not rented out, or used for another business.
We have access to numerous insurance companies who specialize in Hobby Farms and we’ve partnered only with the best that have a long-standing relationship with us.
Policy features Included:
- Machinery and equipment (unscheduled) up to $5,000
- Livestock (unscheduled) up to $5,000
- Produce up to $5,000
- Limited Farm Liability
- Limited Pollution Liability
- Increased limits can be purchased.
Contact us today if you have any questions and one of our Hobby Farm experts will be happy to discuss your details.