Vehicle Insurance: What To Do In The Event Of A Collision
The most important thing is to ensure your safety and the safety of your passengers. If performing any of the below actions is unsafe or you are injured, don’t do them and let the authorities and your insurance company take care of everything.
- Take a deep breath. Check to make sure everyone is safe and unharmed. In case of injuries, call 9-1-1; contact police if the accident is obscuring traffic, your insurance company requires a report, or even if you would just feel more comfortable with having them present
- If possible, call your insurance company from the scene so they can walk you through the information they'll need
- Never admit liability (e.g. do not apologize to other drivers involved in the collision)
- Never leave the scene until all matters are settled
- Only move your vehicle if its position puts you in danger, or you're asked by a police officer to do so
- Give only necessary and requested information to police and other parties involved
- If your vehicle is towed, know where it is taken, and the name and number of the towing service
- Remove all valuables, insurance and registration documents form the vehicle
- Collect the other driver's name, address, phone number, driver's license and insurance information; vehicle make, model, year and plate number; and names and numbers of witnesses
- Choose a reputable repair facility
- Read the estimate carefully, making sure you understand the work to be done
Home Insurance: What To Do In The Event Of A Loss
Call or fax us all pertinent details of the loss, including:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Insurance company name and policy number
- Description of the loss
- Location of the loss
- List of items damaged or destroyed
- Date and time of the loss
- Other information you feel pertinent
We will, in turn, advise your insurance company of the details of the loss. An adjuster will be appointed and will contact you within a few days. They will advise you of your further requirements and your next courses of action.
We are here to help you if you have any questions or concerns.
ACCIDENT INFORMATION RECORD
Download and keep the following information sheet in your glove compartment so you can follow the steps on it in the event of a collision.
ACCIDENT NOTICE AND PROPERTY LOSS CLAIM FORMS
Download and keep the following loss claim forms for quick access if you need to report a loss:
- Accident Notice form
- Accident Notice Policyholder Information
- Property Loss form
- Property Loss Policyholder Information
Note: Adobe Acrobat is required to open the above links. You can download it for free here.
If your insurance claim requires immediate attention, below are 24-hour claims service numbers for some of the insurance companies we deal with; you will also find the relevant number on your insurance policy documents or on your auto insurance pink slip.
If your company is not listed, or you need advice, or you don’t get satisfaction from the company’s emergency line, call us at 1-866-790-2460.
Excellent staff and they take the time to shop the best rate possible.
Over the years we have needed to file a couple of claims or just needed questions answered and I never have to talk to the insurance company. Rose does that for us. I would advise against insurance you can purchase online. You are on your own that way.
100% satisfied with the brokers here, they were able to give me a better package for a cheaper premium.
I would like to thank you for sponsoring our hockey team...Your support will open many new opportunities for these young women. Without the support of people like you, we will not be able to reach our goals.
I find Newman very helpful and easy to deal with. I called yesterday to change something I needed on my insurance and within half an hour, I had confirmation it was done and good to go.
Great team to work with. When we changed from a city focused insurer they were helpful in finding the right company for rural needs.