Newman, Oliver & McCarten Insurance Brokers Ltd. is a full service independent insurance broker with offices in 10 locations between Pickering and Ottawa in Eastern Ontario. We offer competitive salaries, benefits packages and a welcoming and professional work environment.
We are currently seeking a Personal Lines Customer Service Representative to join our customer service team in our Belleville, Ontario branch.
This position provides excellent growth opportunities and the ability to expand a career in the insurance industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for front-line customer service and managing their own portfolio of clients.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Servicing and providing solutions to customers for on-going client needs
- Responding to incoming client calls, walk-ins, emails and processing of policy changes, as necessitated
- Reviewing of renewals and remarketing policies as required for growth and retention
- Promote account rounding and upselling opportunities
- Keeping current on underwriting rules and workflow processes and procedures
- Actively participate in training initiatives (CAIB, CIP)
- Receiving of claims, completing notice of Loss and follow up
- Manage accounts receivables
- Develop and maintain relationships with underwriters
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years related insurance experience is preferred
- RIBO license in good standing
- Knowledge of SigXP and Applied Rating (Compu-quote) and company portals are a definite asset
- Strong customer focus with outstanding customer service skills
- A demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Strong organizational and time management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to offering a professional and fulfilling work environment, to enhance your career we offer a competitive compensation, a comprehensive health benefit program, an optional group RRSP, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
If this position is of interest to you, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to:
We thank you for submitting your resume, however, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.Back to career listings